OK so we're a couple of weeks into the summer holiday's and for most people things have already started to go down hill... I absolutely feel your pain and that is exactly why I'm here to give you a little way out. A way to turn the next 30 minutes into a little bit of childhood bliss.
1. Strap them to a chair... OK so please don't really do this but you can metaphorically strap them to a chair by giving them a 30 minute challenge (and offering a prize!).
Examples of great challenges:
2. Get them involved in some story telling. Grab their favourite book and ask them to take on a character. Every time that character comes up it's their job to both read. and act out what's being said. Make sure you join in!
3. Make some gloriously fattening food! Cakes and biscuits are super quick, and simple to make. If you're not the best cook in the world it really doesn't matter because it's never about what the end product looks like, and I always find that those cakes/biscuits which are not necessarily the best looking tend to be the best tasting! Plus - if it goes disastrously wrong you can always blame the kids!
4. Get the weeding done. So it may not sound like much fun on your end but for kids being outside, in the mud and destroying things is absolutely up there on the list of the best things to do! Just make sure you play a managerial role because if you get sucked in and take your eye off the ball for one minute you may just end up with your prized rose bush upended!
5. Watch all three free video's on how to change negative behaviours so you can start to have a riot free life! Yes yes, of course I was going to plug something we've put together here at WPS HQ!
FREE Tests, Tools & Guides
Want us to collaborate on your blog?
Send us an email & let's work something out.